Wireless Protocol Test Engineer
Building 88 88/3512 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Wireless Protocol Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Creating Protocol test scenarios ( UMTS+LTE) across all the procedure that comply to 3GPP and Carrier requirements
- Able to identify the KPIs that make sense for product to define best user experience and figure out methods to measure the KPIs
- Identifying critical scenarios that impact user experience on cellular services, map such scenarios to modem procedure, design the test cases on network simulators test and optimize the modem or OS platform
- Debug latencies in various layers in protocol stack, Hardware interface ( such as USB/PCIe ) that could impact power and performance
- Identifying the KPIs that will impact the power and performance and define test methods to uncover the issues. Define details test plans and approach for testing, developing test tools to achieve the same.
- Windows User mode and kernel mode driver knowledge for networking devices ( Wi-Fi, LTE)
- Plan the test approach and scope, write test cases, execute test cases, record and manage defects
- communicate issues with greater detail and help development teams to easily understand fix issues faster or assess the level of risk
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Cellular protocol stack testing ( WCDMA and LTE), preferably on Windows OS
- Hands-on experience and Expert knowledge of 3GPP ( UMTS & LTE) Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocol and call processing, testing and creating test cases using equipment such as Anritsu 8475, CMW 500, Keysight PXT/UXM performance and conformance systems and conformance equipment .
- Good knowledge on the 3G/4G protocol debugging tools debug lab and field issues on connectivity, data throughout
- Ability to reproduce the field problems by creating simulated test cases on the any of the above test equipment
- Working knowledge of Windows UMDF/KMDF Drivers for Modems preferably USB based modem over MBIM Protocol, NDIS mini port drivers
- Hands-on Experience in executing and debugging carrier test cases such as AT&T, Verizon across various specifications.
- Automation level coding experience in C# and power shell scripting- Good understanding of the Mobile Operators requirements and approval process.
- Self motivation to learn new features and technologies and deliver high quality results.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.