WLAN or UWB Firmware Development Engineer
3655 North First Street , # San Jose, CA 95134 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for WLAN or UWB Firmware Development Engineer with our client that is located in San Jose, CA.
Job Responsibilities: This is for the Wireless Connectivity Software Engineering infrastructure, framework and protocol stack, that will help span the development. We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic engineers in the field of embedded software and/or firmware. As a member of the WLAN and UWB Software team of various software modules for the PHY, MAC and RF of various WLAN chipset of WLAN (or 802.11) MAC protocols, UWB MAC protocols and framework, interfacing with various interface modules in HW. The candidate should exhibit strong technical leader worldwide locations, with good communication skills both in spoken and written across different time zones is preferred.
• Design and develop software to build and scale Wireless Connectivity Chipset
• Work with WLAN and UWB chipsets, devices and protocols.
• Collaborate with wider teams to automate processes.
• Responsible for achieving the highest levels of quality.
• Excellent coding skills in C
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• WLAN/UWB standards, domain knowledge of Wi-Fi/UWB MAC protocols
• Understanding of the Linux Operating System, kernel and device driver.
• Ability to debug issues with low-level embedded software.
• MS + 4 years in EE or CS, minimum BS + 6 years in EE or CS
• Embedded firmware design and development in Linux and/or other RTOS.
• Contract: 6+ months.
• Pay Rate: $90 - $95 /hr
• Location: San Jose, CA (4 days onsite and 1 day offsite)
• Position will be subjected to ITAR compliance
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.