21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Visiting Researcher
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Visiting Researcher in Kent, WA.
- Current member of the external research community (i.e. faculty members, faculty research associates, tenured researchers at Research Centers and Laboratories) in the area of aeronautics & astronautics, computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, applied and engineering physics, or related field
- Experience with one or more of the following specialties: power; propulsion; fluids; avionics; communications; navigation; software; guidance; control; autonomous operations; robotics; entry, descent, and landing; materials; structures; manufacturing; data science; thermal management; space logistics; environmental control and life support systems; human accommodations
- Versed in the challenges, technologies, and historical system solutions endemic to the space environment
- Capable of working both independently and in small team environments; must have excellent problem-solving skills and be driven by challenging problems
- Highly self-motivated, organized, and capable of planning and guiding complex technical work
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in applying research to relevant industry problems
- Interest and/or experience in working with hardware
- Experience with proposal leadership and support; experience working with and proposing to U.S. Government research agencies
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.