Vice President of Certification and Airworthiness
3301 Seaway Blvd , Suite 130 Everett, WA 98203 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Vice President of Certification and Airworthiness located in Everett, WA.
- Lead company in acquiring Type Certification, Validation, and Continued Operational Safety for company products.
- Lead the development, interpretation, and understanding of the means and methods of compliance for novel products.
- Act as a technical expert for Certification, Airworthiness, and Safety.
- Fully engage with industry groups as the company lead and ensure proper alignment of the company team to standards efforts.
- Develop and ensure engineering alignment with processes and controls required to achieve and maintain product certification.
- Lead Airworthiness, Safety, and Regulations and standards activities on the NASA Electrified Powertrain Flight Demonstrator program.
- Serve as chair of the Safety of Flight Board for prototype products.
- As applicable and appropriate, interact with customers and regulatory authorities to support our certification efforts and continued airworthiness.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- You have led, or at least have been a hands-on contributor, for at least two Type Certificate programs with the FAA and other regulatory authorities.
- Strong preference for propulsion or electrical certification experience, followed by aircraft or complex systems certification.
- You have earned a master’s degree in an engineering/technical/other applicable field or demonstrated experience in a technical aerospace environment in lieu.
- You have a strong understanding and demonstrate deployment of risk management principles and practices related to aviation development programs.
- You have led cross-functional teams and can work closely with various stakeholders.
- You have strong communication skills and technical competency and can communicate well with the highest leadership levels at company's customers, regulatory authorities, and industry groups.
- Salary $225,000 - $265,000
- Location: Everett, WA (Hybrid)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.