7332 166th Avenue NE Redmond Town Center, Bldg 4 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: VFX Artist
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a VFX Artist in Redmond, WA.
- Bachelor of Arts
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- 1+ years’ experience working in a real-time game engine
- Maya expertise
- Scripting experience
- Shipped at least one AAA game, block buster film or popular TV series.
- Strong understanding of how to create photo-realistic effects.
- Strong knowledge of particle systems.
- Experience working with real-time particle simulations in either proprietary or 3rd party systems.
- Proficient in Photoshop.
- Experience creating high quality fluid dynamic systems.
- Understanding of soft and rigid bodies.
- Knowledge of the art fundamentals including color theory, visual design, and composition.
- Solid understanding of physics, motion and animation, including weighting, scale and timing.
- Ability to create new effect textures from scratch as well as improve existing ones.
- Good understanding of Lighting and how it influences effects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Game scripting experience.
- Additional skill set outside of creating effects such as environment modeling, lighting, technical art, etc.
- Understanding of compositing and rendering techniques.
- Background in traditional art, photography or cinematics.
- Good understanding of the 12 principles of animation.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.