Redmond, WA 98059
Position Title: Usability Researcher
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Work in user research and customer validation testing of game electronics, with a focus on study design, test prioritization, bug resolution, and formal reporting
- Take ownership of assigned hardware programs and be responsible for research findings and test results deliverables and schedules alongside internal and external partners
- Compile and synthesize existing research literature into salient reports
- Perform test analysis on large datasets in Excel and JMP with a demonstrated strength in psychological statistics and experimental design
- Work closely with operations and PM teams to manage team program schedule
- Demonstrate experience with design research, hardware test design, project timelines in a hardware engineering development and test environment
- 5 years of experience with design research in consumer electronics
- Bachelor’ s degree in applied research, user research, human factors, social sciences, or relevant industry experience
- Must have shipped at least 3 consumer electronics products
- Must have experience with JMP, Microsoft Office, and Morae
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize between multiple projects, and be flexible to rapidly changing schedules and demands
- Must have excellent communication and documentation skills with electrical engineers
- Experience with usability testing, customer interviews, and survey design
- Experience with acceptance testing, statistical data analysis, and hardware debugging
- A successful candidate will possess a demonstrable passion for gaming culture, electronics, and game hardware ecosystems that extends to an architectural understanding of the products
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.