Ultrasound Perception Software Engineer
2953 Bunker Hill Lane, Suite 202 Santa Clara, CA 95054 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for an Ultrasound Perception Software Engineer with our client that is located in Santa Clara, CA.
- Looking for an engineer with a strong background in ultrasound, medical image reconstruction, and programming languages such as Python, C++ or CUDA to shape our new ultrasound imaging platform. As an Ultrasound Perception Software Engineer, you will work on developing and optimizing algorithms and techniques related to ultrasound signal processing, image formation, and analysis. The primary focus of this role is to improve the quality, accuracy, and interpretation of ultrasound images for our revolutionary Ultrasound system.
- Developing advanced beamforming techniques to enhance the image quality of ultrasound scans.
- Designing algorithms for image enhancement, noise reduction, edge detection, and speckle reduction in ultrasound images.
- Developing algorithms for reconstructing 2D and 3D images from acquired ultrasound data.
- Designing and implementing image analysis algorithms on ultrasound images to meet clinical needs, such as segmentation of anatomical structures, corrections of tissue motion, etc.
- Exploring the application of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques to improve ultrasound image analysis, automate diagnosis, or assist in image interpretation tasks.
- Collaborating with systems and hardware engineers to optimize the integration of ultrasound imaging systems, ensuring efficient data acquisition, processing, and display.
- Implement proposed solutions using Python, C++, or CUDA as part of a medical device.
- BS in an engineering or computer science field
- Familiarity in ultrasound physics, signal and image processing, beamforming, simulation, algorithm development, or tool development
- Proficiency in programming in Python, C++, CUDA
- Passionate about medical devices, with excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- MS or PhD in Electrical/Biomedical engineering with experience in ultrasound imaging
- 5 or more years of experience in commercial software development
- Strong background in object-oriented programming, software architecture, and design patterns
- Experience in concurrent/parallel programming-multithreading, multiprocessing, GPU acceleration (e.g. CUDA, OpenCL, pycuda, CUDA Python, and Intel SIMD)
- Familiarity with common developer tool sets, including source control, continuous integration, and automated unit testing
- Experience in medical software development (FDA or MDR/MDD/IVDR/IVDD regulated).
- Direct Hire
- Salary: $150K-$190K
- Location: Santa Clara, CA.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.