USB Debug Systems Engineer
2485 Augustine Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 US
Position Title: USB Debug Systems Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a USB Debug Systems Engineer with our client located in Santa Clara, CA.
- In an engineering lab environment, debug and analyze USB related issues utilizing hardware and software tools, analyzers, and oscilloscopes in partnership with USB controller and PHY designers, validation engineers, and firmware developers •
- Develop scripts and tools to support CPU/APU USB debug and analysis
- Provide input for USB validation execution process improvements
- Supports lab functions including rework, inventory, & system test of platforms
- BS-EE / BS-CE / Masters plus at least 5 years directly related experience. An advanced degree will be considered a plus.
- Technical expertise in debug of USB4/3.2 system solutions including type C, PD, and retimers
- Good knowledge of USB4/3.2 specifications
- Exposure to USB compliance specification and test cases
- Experience using USB analyzer and oscilloscope based tools in the analysis an debug of USB issues
- Experience in software development including using languages such as Python to be used in USB debug and analysis tools
- CPU/APU and system level hardware and software usage
- Good written and oral communication skills
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.