Training Building and Simulator Project Manager
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent staffing has an exciting REMOTE contract opportunity for a Training Building and Simulator Project Manager position.
- Oversee the design process for the Training Support building
- Ensuring site permitting and regulatory requirements for the building are satisfied in time for construction.
- Provide effective management of construction of the project, delivered on time and on budget according to the project plan
- Work with the Simulator group, Training, Operations, and design to ensure all necessary parts are in place to install and test the simulator on time and within budget.
- Work with the Project Controls team to ensure the project schedule has all major milestones and activities in place with proper predecessors and successors.
- Identify and mitigate risk to the project and proactively manage and escalate as required
- Field inspections of the job site on a regular basis, as required to ensure compliance with requirements and construction contract.
- Maintain a detailed project schedule and budget to ensure accurate project execution
- Facilitate the exchange of information between all groups involved on this project both internal and external to company.
- PMP designation is preferred, others to be considered based on education and experience
- 5+ years Project Management experience, ideally with Nuclear projects
- Working knowledge of a training simulator construction and testing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter who can develop innovative solutions with minimal supervision
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
- Understands how individual actions and decisions can positively and negatively affect the ability of the total organization to meet its requirements to regulatory agencies and to the public
- Adapts well to emergent changes due to changes in plant design, plant procedures, schedule changes, or other challenges associated with the design, construction, and commissioning of a new nuclear power plant.
- Pay Rate Range: $60-90/h
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.