Third Party Security Risk Assessor
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Third Party Security Risk Assessor
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA. Our client is seeking a Third Party Security Risk Assessor to join the Information Security team. This position will be responsible for understanding and executing third party reviews as part of our client' s Third Party Risk Security Program. The Third Party Security Review specialist will be someone that has a passion for evaluating security risk posed by vendor relationships along with internal processes and technologies while empowering our client’ s culture of rapid innovation and helping demonstrate our dedication to security to the world. This role requires a mix of broad business and technical acumen, evaluating risk, and a polished ability to communicate. This is a contract position.
- Complete security reviews of third parties doing business with our client
- Understand technical implementation details necessary to identify and assess security risks and recommend mitigating controls
- Participate in the development and oversight of required corrective action plans relating to security risk issues specific to security reviews completed
- Understand business process and requirements relative to the specific vendor security reviews
- Experience assessing Information Security risk with strong preference given to individuals who have completed vendor security risk reviews and technical risk assessments;
- 3+ years of proven experience working on Information Security teams or 3+ projects;
- Strong program and project management skills required;
- Experience with developing security reporting that is meaningful and actionable for a variety of audiences including internal stakeholders and external third parties;
- Knowledge and understanding of security controls across all security domains such as access management, encryption methods, vulnerability management, network security, physical security, etc.;
- Understanding of processes for risk evaluation and assessing third parties across diverse industries and against a broad range of security requirements;
- Bachelors in business and technology preferred or equivalent experience.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.