12227 134th CT NE STE 100 Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Title: Test Technician
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity for a Test Technician with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Performs testing, debug and minor assembly repairs on antenna and terminal assemblies using released procedures and test hardware.
- Ability to contribute to multidisciplinary rapid problem-solving activities and propose solutions to prototype and production manufacturing challenges.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on new technologies and engineering challenges
- Ability to provide a strong sense of ownership to all assigned areas of responsibility. Communicates test results and issues for each shift across the cross functional assembly team.
- Assists in the assembly of production articles as certified employee as required.
- May participate in the selection, set-up and use of specialized EE and RF test equipment.
- Participates in continuous improvement quality processes (lean manufacturing, ISO, etc.)
- Must be willing to participate in tasks outside of normal responsibilities such as assembly.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot industry communication protocol (TCP Networking/Serial (RS232)) issues.
- Associate degree in a technical field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in electronic testing/troubleshooting
- RF test experience is highly desired.
- Experience and understanding in TCP Networking and Serial (RS232) interfaces desired.
- Expert in use of troubleshooting equipment (voltmeter, oscilloscope, signal and function generators).
- Proficient in reading/interpreting electronics/wiring schematics.
- Lean six sigma and statistical analysis package (e.g. Minitab or JMP) competency desired.
- Ability to communicate information using standard Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Office, Power Point, Project and Visio.
- Ability to use company-wide tools and systems to execute the key duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Job Type: Contract 6+ months to potential hire
- Pay Rate Range: $30 - 38hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.