3315 Seaway Blvd. Everett, WA 98203 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Test Engineer opportunity with our client located in Everett, WA.
- Implement test requirements, plans, specifications, and procedures for testing activities for unique components in a high temperature molten salt environment.
- Assist with fabrication and assembly of system testing hardware at company laboratories.
- Conduct testing activities at company laboratories to ensure safe operation and successful gathering of high-quality data related to high temperature molten salts.
- Perform scientific analysis on test data and generate test reports to document new knowledge related to molten salt reactors.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices to maintain the highest quality design and to identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Help foster a collaborative and safe work environment for testing and laboratory activities.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Nuclear or Materials Science Engineering or equivalent with minimum 5 years’ experience, or 3 years’ experience and MS; advanced degree a plus.
- Experience in research with exotic fluids desired, especially at temperatures above 400°C.
- Experience with hands-on, ground-up design, fabrication, operation, and scientific analysis of first-of-a-kind equipment is highly desirable.
- Experience with SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD for two- and three-dimensional experimental design desirable.
- Experience with programming, troubleshooting, and operating DAQ systems and software, like LabView, desirable.
- Track record of working safely with laboratory chemicals and in hazardous physical conditions preferred.
- Familiarity with fabrication, joining, and cladding processes and limitations desired.
- Experience with scripting and automation of analysis tools desired.
- Ability to participate in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and solve challenging problems in a fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Location: Everett, WA
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: Level 9: $91,744 - $137,617
- Salary Range Level 10: $105,236 - $157,855
- *Typically, our employee salaries are within .90 – 1.0 of the mid-point of the posted salary bands. Any salary offered within the posted salary band is based on market data and commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. This range is specific to Washington State.
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.