Test Engineer III
16700 13th Ave West Lynnwood, WA 98046-9727 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Test Engineer III with our client in Lynnwood, WA.
- Join our client's Sensing and Power Systems Test Team
- Established procedures to perform engineering duties in researching, planning, designing, and developing the mechanical aspects of products for use in the Aerospace or Electronics marketplace.
- Work on new product designs, modernization, and upgrades, as well as performs extensive analyses to ensure cost, quality, and customer requirements.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform daily assignments, applying principles of science and mathematics to develop economical solutions to technical problems.
- Work effectively with all functional groups to achieve product performance and cost targets. Build quality and manufacturability into the design. Define/understand/comply with company and regulatory guidelines to assure a safe operating environment.
- Support continuous process improvement activities including Kaizen, 5S practices to ensure an organized and efficient working environment, and personal development.
- Demonstrate proficiency with verbal and written English for technical reports, presentations, analyses, or other communications at the appropriate level throughout the organization.
- Understand, decompose, and define product and process requirements to support product development, sustaining and R&D.
- Plan, estimate, prioritize, and manage work activities to support meeting project schedules and budgets.
- Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Produce thorough and accurate design and development work of suitable complexity that meets all customer specifications and company requirements for schedule, cost, producibility, quality, and reliability.
- Utilize proficient problem-solving processes, documentation, tools and analyses to quickly and effectively identify root cause and corrective actions to technical challenges and/or issue in support of product development and product sustaining assignments
- Generate and review product development documentation including proposals, technical reports, procedures, correspondence, etc. necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements.
- Self-directed and motivated while working and communicating effectively within a team environment that consists of several engineering, operations, quality, and business disciplines.
- Provide support of IPT activities in collaboration with other technical, operations, quality, and business disciplines.
- Design test equipment hardware and software, select and procure equipment necessary to obtain desired results and accuracy, integrate and/or build automated test systems of low or medium complexity. Design, code and debug computer/data acquisition systems necessary for automated testing
- Provide design package consisting of written description, detailed wiring and schematics, pictures, component lists, etc., such that test equipment and test systems can be accurately reconstructed Perform written documentation, configuration control, and validation of all hardware and software generated. Assure that test data generated is neat, organized, accurate, and archived properly
- Generate test procedures from specifications. Perform calculations to establish test equipment specifications, test setup, and test limits. Anticipate and mitigate unexpected and potentially hazardous events that could occur during a test.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- BA or BS Degree in an engineering discipline. Masters or PhD preferred.
- Hardware design experience including Analog Circuit Design and Digital Circuit Design.
- Microprocessor / Microcontroller design
- Software development and verification
- Automated test system design, and programming of data acquisition systems.
- Product/equipment requirements development, requirements analysis/verification and test procedures development.
- Configuration management in a regulated environment.
- Ability to direct test programs (maintain schedules, contain costs, design test systems, analyzing data, directing technicians and other supporting technical personnel, etc.);
- Ability to generate engineering schematics and diagrams.
- LabVIEW, TestStand, or similar system-design platforms.
- SPICE, CADs, Schematic Design and PWB Layout
- Troubleshooting, failure analysis
- Communication Interfaces (e.g. ARINC429, CAN, RS232, I2C, etc.)
- Experience in a regulated industry and fast pace environment
- National Instruments’ LabVIEW certification
- Interested in using LabVIEW within the ALOHA Application Framework.
- Experience with manufacturing environment
- Occasional travel to customer and outside test lab facilities for technical interchange meetings, design reviews, product testing support, and to attend technical seminars
- May need to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%)
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $100,000-132,000
- Eligibility Requirement: This position requires access to controlled data or information and therefore only US persons will be considered. As a US Department of Defense contractor, we are bound by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.