Test Engineer - SAS
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: Test Engineer - SAS
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Work on SAS Solid State Drives on execution and debug of internal SSD qualification tests.
- Candidate will primarily understand test scripts and debug failures that arise during test execution with the development team.
- Candidate needs experience in at least 1 front end storage protocol like SAS, NVMe/PCIe, FC is preferred.
- Candidate should have some programming/scripting background (Perl, Shell or Python is preferred).
- Familiarity with SSD or HDD testing is a plus.
- Must have some experience with any protocol analyzers such as LeCroy, SerialTek, or Xgig and third-party tool such as Oakgate.
- Experience with system or device level performance analysis is a plus
- Support test execution, initial triage and FA.
- Submit bug report with proper information
- B.S + 5 years experience
- Experience with protocol analyzer and SAS system setup, testing and debug
- Familiar with one of third-party tools such as Oakgate or Sanblaze or device level performance analysis
- Front-end Storage protocol like SAS, NVMe/PCIe, Fibre Channel.
- Scripting experiences such as in Perl, Shell or Python - SSD or HDD testing
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.