Test Engineer - NetApp
3655 North First Street , # San Jose, CA 95134 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for Test Engineer - NetApp with our client that is located in San Jose, CA.
Job Responsibilities: We are looking for a Test engineer in the SAS/NVMe Customer Qualification test team in the product division.
• The candidate will work on SAS/NVMe Solid State Drives on execution and debug of OEM drive qualification tests.
• The candidate will primarily understand test scripts and debug failures that arise during test execution with the development team.
• Setup NetApp systems, execute Customer Qual tests and debug failures.
• Experience with server setup, testing and debug
• Experience working in Linux
• Familiar with one of protocol analyzers like LeCroy, SerialTek, or Xgig
• System or device level performance analysis
• Front end Storage protocol like NVMe/PCIe, SAS, Fibre Channel
• Scripting experience such as in Perl, Shell or Python SSD or HDD testing
• NetApp/HPE/Dell/IBM System Experience.
• Candidates with experience in at least 1 front-end storage protocol like NVMe/PCIe, FC, SAS
• Candidate should be familiar with Linux and have a programming/scripting background (Perl, Shell or Python is preferred).
• Familiarity with SSD or HDD testing is a plus.
• Contract: 12 months.
• Pay Rate: $70 - $75 /hr
• Location: San Jose, CA (Hybrid 3 days on site)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.