Technical Writer 2
3850 148th Avenue Northeast Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Technical Writer 2.
- Looking for an educational content writer and editor to write, review and update in-app content, support documentation, product guides, blogs and announcements for educators, IT admins and school administrators.
- They need an eye for detail and a critical mind spanning copy editing, academic rigor, and desire to make content easy to use for educators.
- A great candidate will have prior experience in writing, editing content for education audiences and working collaboratively both internally within a Microsoft team and with external partners.
- Work closely with product managers and product teams to understand product functionality
- Write/update in-application content and strings, support documentation for educators and IT admins, product guides, product announcements and blogs
- Regularly review existing documentation, agree with product managers on updates that need to be made, and then make them
- Work swiftly between multiple content management systems (CMS) and content formats, restructure and reformat content to move between systems, build strong partnerships with partner teams that own the content publishing platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or english, journalism, communications
- 2-4 years’ experience required.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Adeptness and willingness to adapt Microsoft Style guides with education audiences
- Experience working with a globally diverse team
- Familiarity with multiple content formats including markdown
- Great soft skills, flexible and collaborative with strong teamwork skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Must be available remote to cover work hours across the US and Israel.
- 5 years experience with writing: support documentation
- 5 years of technical/product technology knowledge.
- Location: Remote, preferred PST hours. Will need to work with the Israel team as well
- Pay Range: $30 - $35/hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.