Technical Program Manager
3960 Freedom Cir Suite #100 Santa Clara, CA 95054
Position Title: Technical Program Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Santa Clara, California.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers. Guiding the team on self-organizing within the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Creating and managing detailed program and project schedules and coordinating cross-functional team deliverables
- Ensuring Release scope is defined, estimated, prioritized and scheduled
- Conducting Scrum, Scrum of Scrums, co-ordinate cross-functional team deliverables, remove impediments, anticipate and mitigate risks
- Keeping all stakeholders fully informed of project status and progress
- Collaborating with product managers and ensure alignment with product road map
- Managing scope changes to the project - Identify scope change, collect effort estimates, determine impact, develop plan and review with Change Control Board stakeholders
- Achieving desired Program Objectives by working closely with Stakeholders - Customers, Partners, Suppliers, Project managers, Product managers, Engineers, Tech Leads, and Architects as well as other functional groups such as IT, Legal and Finance
- Drive Initiatives to improve overall product quality
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 or more years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with IPv4, TCP/IP, Routing, and Switching software.
- Experience with embedded software product development cycle
- Expert level Expertise with Agile Project Management using Scrum and ability to coach others to be scrum masters
- Experience with application lifecycle management concepts such as CICD and Agile development life cycle.
- Expertise with MS Office, MS Project, Wiki and Scrum tools such as Jira
- Experience with Atlassian project management tools or equivalent cloud/on-prem based tools for managing projects, defects and test plans.
- Proven track record and ability to manage highly complex projects
- Effective communication and negotiation skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for excellence, ability (and preference!) to work at a fast-paced, energetic start-up company
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Post-grad level education in relevant discipline (Masters, etc.)
- Experience working in an early stage technology start-up
- Experience with Data Center focused networking protocols and solutions
- Experience working closely with and leveraging from Open Source repos.
- Background in engineering team management
- Experience working with customers, partners and suppliers
- Experience working with global cross-functional teams
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.