Technical Lead, Mechanical Engineering Analysis
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Technical Lead, Mechanical Engineering Analysis opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Work with a team of analysts to conduct the mechanical analyses of reactor structures, systems, and nuclear island components to evaluate their performance.
- Direct the team’s development of required inputs and methodologies to establish structural sizing and load combinations for critical reactor components and interfaces.
- Provide technical insights, mentorship and support high quality, clear work packages.
- Identify, define and coordinate activities required for the successful design, analysis, and verification of reactor structures and components.
- Establish, review, approve and maintain documents of analysis results and design solutions.
- Participate in technical discussions on strategy, budget, goals, resources and team performance.
- B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from accredited university. Aerospace and Civil Engineering degrees are also considered.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in mechanical analysis with a B.S. degree, or 8+ years with an M.S. or Ph.D. degree with a demonstrated ability to produce a high-quality work product.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in coordinate of technical project teams with a demonstrated ability to meet project goals.
- Experience interfacing with other engineering disciplines.
- Proficient in finite element stress analysis, mechanical analysis methods and commercial mechanical stress analysis modeling tools with emphasis on ABAQUS or ANSYS.
- Strong understanding of solid mechanics, fracture mechanics, and metal fatigue principles.
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience in mechanical analysis of equipment or components. This may include seismic analysis, buckling analysis, thermal analysis, or creep / inelastic analysis.
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience in seismic analysis of equipment or components; in particular experience with response spectrum and time history modeling techniques in accordance with the requirements of ASCE 4, ASCE 7, and/or ASCE 43 is highly desirable.
- Experience working under stringent quality assurance requirements such as ASME NQA-1, MIL-Q-9858A, or ISO-9000.
- Experience in the analysis of components to ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code Section III.
- Working experience with other pressure equipment design codes and standards such as ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.1, and ASME B31.3.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.