Kirkland, WA #
Position Title: Technical Editor
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Kirkland, Washington for an experienced Technical Editor.
- Integrate specifications
- Edit content drafted by contributors in support of wireless technology features
- Ensure standardization of our specifications and content via the Technical Publications Style Guide
- Help with converting graphics to Visio
- Work on editorial research projects as needed
- 5+ years’ experience editing technical content for a technical audience
- Exceptional English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with subject matter experts
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Experience producing content in Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
- Bachelor’ s degree in Technical Communications, English, or equivalent experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.