1388 Kifer Road Sunnyvale, CA 95051
Position Title: Technical Illustrater
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Technical Illustrater with our client located in Sunnyvale, CA
- Plan, create, and edit images to be used in the instructions for use (IFU) for medical device systems and instruments, including large system manuals, instrument manuals, and ship-with literature
- Collaborate with department team members and with cross-functional team Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to research and develop images
- Own image creation from inception to completion
- Work to ensure compliance with FDA and regulatory guidelines
- Work with internal design team and technical writers to determine the strategy around when to use various techniques such as line drawings, exploded view drawings, cutaway drawings and/or 3D renderings
- Complete documentation control steps as needed to archive images. This includes Change Orders in the documentation control system.
- Evaluate, recommend, and/or develop process and productivity aids
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and quality documents. Collaborate with project team members to share knowledge, best practices and recommendations
- Participate in content review cycles to provide feedback on creative and design elements
- Research and recommend new creative solutions as they relate to technical illustration and design.
- Ensure successful representation of the styles and standards as well as the corporate brands across media
- Juggle various projects and handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- 3-5 yrs. relevant professional experience
- 1-2 yrs. experience in biotech or medical device organization preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree or above (Graphic Design degree preferred)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to self-manage multiple development projects and deadlines
- Access or other database experience preferred
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software preferred
- Experience utilizing rigged models and lighting scenes
Software Proficiency Required:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate and FrameMaker)
- MS Office (Word, Power-Point, Excel)
- SolidWorks, Maya
- Windows and Macintosh systems
- Experience with Figma preferred
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.