Systems V&V Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Systems V&V Engineer opportunity.
- Develop I&C System Verification and Validation Plans, Procedures and Specifications for Plant Integration, Construction and Post Construction Inspection, Test and analysis program (PITAP).
- Provide technically independent review and verification of I&C systems, design documents, and specifications.
- Participate in Configuration Management (CM) audits and reviews.
- Generate V&V reports, including CM reports, as defined by the V&V planning documentation.
- Participate and support auditing, inspections and review of suppliers.
- Plan, execute and report systems testing.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Integrate with work of other disciplines, engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- Interface with Equipment Qualification, Construction and Commissioning testing teams.
- B.S. or higher in Controls, Electrical, or related discipline from an accredited university
- 5+ years direct experience performing NQA-1 Design Verification activities.
- Candidates should have experience in instrumentation and controls development, diagnostics, and a demonstrated ability to audit, inspect review, verify, and validate industrial I&C platforms, applications, integrated systems and generate applicable phase reports.
- Experience with I&C system, software and hardware testing.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactor safety systems or nuclear instrumentation systems designs desired.
- Familiarity with RG 1.28, IEEE 7-4.3.2, and IEEE 603 a plus.
- Familiarity with design control and development in accordance with nuclear power plant quality assurance (e.g., 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1).
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate with a team with minimal direction on tasks and activities.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: TBD
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.