Systems Test Engineer
1705 132nd Avenue NE Bellevue, WA 98005 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Senior or Mid level Systems Test Engineer with our client located in Bellevue, WA.
- Looking for a Senior or Mid level Systems Test Engineer with Systems (HW & SW) testing experience for a Manufactured product.
- To plan and perform testing of our client's hardware and software products and develop manual and automated test systems to ensure compliance with product requirements.
- Define and implement software tests, as a member of the Systems Test Engineering team and product development teams, to ensure that products comply with the Product Design Guide and Design Specification.
- Testing will expose the product to specified limits and beyond, including items such as very unusual operator input attempting to overload a product with excessive or incorrect data or possibly making incorrect connections.
- Perform senior level test engineering assignments. Test and evaluate specific parts, components, subassemblies, or complex phases of all projects.
- Develop or manage the development of software for system testing of appropriate testing units.
- Perform software functional testing for initial or released products.
- Investigate failures in the operational test of company products.
- Collect and correlate engineering data; prepare test plans and reports as required or assigned.
- Assist in evaluating new product designs or changes in existing designs.
- Prepare calibration and test procedures of system elements.
- Perform installation set-up and testing at customer and/or test facilities.
- Limited application of test engineering basic principles, theories, and concepts in accordance with established company products. Knowledge of computer programming methods.
- Provide technical assistance to other test personnel as required.
- Review and evaluate new product designs or changes in existing designs; determine calibration specifications, functional and/or environmental test requirements and need for test requirements, equipment, and facilities. Generate test plans.
- Propose and coordinate design changes to improve product performance and manufacturability.
- Provide technical assistance and conduct training in the operation and testing of new products to test personnel.
- Specify and/or design factory test equipment; prepare documentation to enable fabrication of test equipment.
- Monitor progress of tests for validity of test conditions, means of measurement and performance of component or unit in relation to specifications.
- Review test results; take corrective action as necessary.
- Analyze component failures and recommend alternate components or design changes.
- System Test Services scheduling input and assistance.
- Agency approval (UL, CSA, CE, etc.) coordination and testing assistance.
- Safety review support.
- General purpose test equipment (Procurement, Calibration, Tracking and Central Storage) support for Engineering.
- Work with other Senior Test Engineers or the Department Manager to define and implement product testing (software / hardware) to ensure compliance with specifications and to customer needs in a multi-project based environment.
- Product and developmental prototyping requirements from Engineering.
- Maintain and enhance standardized protocol test methodologies.
- Automate or otherwise improve the testing process to reduce test times where possible.
- Provide real time software / hardware design feedback and solutions to the design engineers that result in better products and a leveraging of their time.
- Continually update skills through education, feasibility studies and seminars in state-of-the-art technologies for new product design and development processes.
- Assist in general purpose test equipment (Procurement, Calibration and Central Storage) maintenance.
- Assist in component related testing and evaluation. This includes sample requests, evaluations, and testing with Components Engineering, data research, data entry and vendor relationships.
- STS Lab organization. Effective organization, cleanliness, and presentation of the lab.
- Support existing products.
- Collaborate with the Design Engineers on technical as well as program and project related issues. An environment in which mentoring and guidance is encouraged and desired.
- Work with Manufacturing regarding manufacturability and testing support of all released products.
- Collaborate with Customer Satisfaction regarding the compliance or testing of our products.
- Interact frequently with Marketing and Customers regarding system testing requirements and schedule status.
- BSEE ideal or equivalent degree desired. No degree is required with substantially strong relevant professional experience.
- 5-8 years technical experience (Mid to Sr. level desired)
- 5 or more years’ experience with LabView is a must have
- 5 or more years’ programming experience in at least two common languages (e.g. C++, Python)
- Hardware knowledge is mandatory, not just Software
- Systems (HW & SW) testing experience for a Manufactured product
- Must be able to understand complex schematic drawings
- Multi-tasking and project support experience.
- Job Type - Direct hire
- Location: Bellevue, WA- Hybrid
- Salary Range: Salary range: $115K-130K