15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, OR 97224
Position Title: Systems Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
- Produce and support hardware/software systems for Marketing, Sales, and End Customers
- Integration, test and troubleshooting of hardware, software and networking for PacStar products
- Define and implement procedures/scripts for configuration and testing of systems
- Ability to write and create documents and procedures for internal and external users.
- Responsible for quality levels maintained in PacStar products
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years IT, network or systems engineering experience required
- Experience writing code to automate IT functions required. Python or Powershell required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows Server required
- Experience with PC hardware and troubleshooting required
- Experience with IP Networking and Networking Devices required (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
- Experience with Cisco IOS devices required
- Experience with VMware Vsphere (ESXi) in a production environment required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent Professional that can perform job assignment with limited supervision
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds of test equipment at least 40 feet
- Accuracy and attention to detail and quality orientation a must
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.