Systems Engineer IV
16700 13th Ave West Lynnwood, WA 98046-9727 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Systems Engineer IV with our client in Lynnwood, WA. Flex Hybrid schedule which allows for the option of up to 2 days/week of work-from-home.
- Be a top contributor who needs little to no supervision and uses originality, ingenuity and established procedures to perform engineering duties in researching, planning, designing, and developing products for use in the Aerospace or Electronics marketplace.
- Work within a collaborative Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment while responsible for multiple independent tasks.
- Collaborate effectively with technical staff and all functional groups to develop or test safety critical embedded software.
- Perform analysis of requirements, design and code to assure compliance to standards and guidelines.
- Experience leading system development activities following industry recognized processes (e.g. ARP4754A)
- Develop and ensure full traceability of customer specification requirements to software.
- Prepare technical documentation necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements.
- Contribute to all Systems Engineering aspects (architecture and components) from initial product research, architecture definition, requirements definition, systems verification, management and flow down to functional engineering groups.
- Support or lead the planning, modeling, simulation, specifications and integration of components that reside in a system comprised of electronic hardware, microcontrollers, embedded software or sensors.
- Act as a focal for hardware and software, mechanical systems, qualification, safety and reliability.
- Maintain hardware and software configurations during development, integration, flight test and certification.
- Help define the system architecture definition for landing systems with focus on brake control and monitoring systems or sensor-based control and indication systems in a structured environment to meet customer needs.
- Participate in the certification compliance activities of essential and critical level control systems for aircraft applications.
- Execute projects in accordance with schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate activities with others assigned within the Integrated Product Team.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent) from a four-year college or university.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience required.
- Understand Systems Engineering principles, including interpreting and writing requirements, system architectures and designs.
- Experience of system development following industry recognized processes (e.g. ARP4754)
- Familiarity with DO178, DO254 and DO160
- Knowledge of requirements management, validation and verification.
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS)\
- Self-directed/motivated, and work and communicate well within a team that consists of several engineering disciplines.
- Use effective English communication in presentations, analyses, and reports.
- Must be project-oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation (ie. Simulink, SysML) a plus
- Direct Hire
- Salary range: $142,292 to $168,729
- Flex Hybrid schedule which allows for the option of up to 2 days/week of work-from-home.
- This position requires access to controlled data or information and therefore only US persons will be considered. As a US Department of Defense contractor, we are bound by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.