Systems Autonomy Engineer
21218 76th Ave S Kent, WA 98032
Position Title: Systems Autonomy Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Systems Autonomy Engineer in Kent, WA.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or another technical field
- Fluency with fundamental engineering physics related to fluid mechanics, structural mechanics, and thermodynamics/heat transfer
- Fluency with fundamental principles of electrical and computer engineering
- Basic proficiency in autonomous systems and feedback control principles
- 5 to 10+ years of current technical hands-on experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Integrated testing
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills as evidenced by a history of earning trust, maintaining positive and professional relationships, driving teams to timely decisions as appropriate for the program risk posture, and contributing to a culture of inclusion
- Ability to support typical Monday to Friday work shifts with flexibility to surge support when commitments demand
- In-depth technical design experience in an aerospace or other safety-critical engineering domain such as guidance and control, navigation, vehicle systems, or HMI.
- Experience with formal safety analysis, such as but not limited to that described in SAE ARP 4671 or MIL-STD-882D/E.
- Experience with safety-critical software development in the context of industry standards such as RTCA DO-178C or DO-278 and SAE ARP 4754A.
- Experience with requirements and verification management tools such as IBM Jazz CLM (DOORS Next Gen, Rational Quality Manager, etc.)
- Familiarity with Model-Based Design practices
- Experience in operability analysis and execution
- Launch vehicle experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.