1441 North 34th Street, Suite 300 Seattle, WA 98103
Position Title: Systems Administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington.
- End-user service desk support; resolve desktop issues as it relates to user productivity.
- MAC and Windows system administration
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Ensure design of system allows all components, including connectivity to lab and production equipment, to work properly together
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Maintain and monitor network and system security
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues
- Evaluate and modify system’ s performance
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Maintain records of computer and software licenses and inventories
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’ s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
- Design and deploy networks; maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways
- Perform network address assignment
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
- Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, company mobile phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer sciences, or relevant experience
- Systems Engineer background is ideal
- Experience supporting and implementing solutions
- MAC and Windows system administration experience
- Specific experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 systems administration
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- Prior experience with Cisco switching and routing that includes Meraki wireless and firewall devices
- Experience working with Sophos ant-virus or similar technologies
- Good understanding on how to troubleshoot both Windows PC and Mac technologies
- Microsoft certifications and PowerShell scripting a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, including documentation
- Self-starter, able to contribute effectively in a fast-changing environment
- The ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- High integrity and ethics
- Commitment to quality and timely delivery of results
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 or more hours)
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 kg
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.