System Transients Methodology Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting REMOTE contract System Transients Methodology Engineer opportunity.
- Perform code benchmarking and validation analyses to support code qualification and methodology development using RELAP5-3D.
- Maintain/Develop python tools to automate RELAP5 calculation submission.
- Develop methodology studies demonstrating foundational analysis of the reactor to aid in licensing of the reactor
- Develop RELAP5-3D models for steady state and transient one-dimensional network hydraulic analyses.
- Perform calculations using first principles of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics to support and validate analysis results.
- Perform analysis of plant wide transients for evaluation of operation narratives and design solution.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in nuclear, mechanical, or another related engineering/scientific field.
- Strong thermal-hydraulic analytical skills with one dimensional hydraulic network analysis, system codes experience and transient analysis.
- Experience (3+ years) with RELAP5 code.
- Experience with software development. (python preferred but not required)
- Experience with version control software (Git, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with code V&V and associated regulatory requirements.
- Experience with scaling analysis as it pertains to RG 1.203 is a plus.
- Experience with nuclear power plant design or operations a plus.
- Knowledge of design approach under ASME Boiler Code Section III a plus.
- Experience with first-of-a-kind or high temperature nuclear reactor design projects is a plus.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Pay Rate Range: $55-65/h
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.