System Transients Analysis Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract System Transients Analysis Engineer opportunity.
- Develop RELAP5-3D models for steady state and transient one-dimensional network hydraulic analyses.
- Perform calculations using first principles of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics to support and validate analysis results.
- Perform analysis of reactor normal operations, upset events, emergency events and faulted events to establish design, service, and test loadings and limits.
- Perform analysis of plant wide transients for evaluation of operation narratives and design solutions.
- Perform multiscale and multidisciplinary neutronics and control analyses involving the thermal hydraulics of sodium, molten salt, and non-condensable fluids.
- Integrate with other engineering groups performing aspects of component, system, fuel, and control system design and related thermal-hydraulic testing.
- Perform code benchmarking and validation analyses to support code qualification and methodology development.
· M.S. or PhD in nuclear or mechanical engineering.
· Strong thermal-hydraulic analytical skills with one dimensional hydraulic networks analysis, system codes experience and transient analysis.
· Experiences with system codes RELAP5 is a must.
· Experience developing new analytical methods highly desirable.
· Familiarity with code V&V and associated regulatory requirements.
· Experience with nuclear power plant design or operations a plus.
· Experience with first-of-a-kind or high temperature nuclear reactor design projects is a plus.
· Strong technical writing skills.
· Strong communication skills desired
· The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
· Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: $70-$85/h
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.