System Test/Debug Engineer
7171 Southwest Parkway Austin, TX 78735 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract System Test/Debug Engineer that is located in Austin, TX.
- The candidate will configure and maintain test hardware and infrastructure across multiple mobile and desktop systems.
- Must keep systems running, up to date, and keep hardware and validation infrastructure test-ready in all other ways, in support of client roadmap schedules.
- Sense of urgency is a must.
- Must be able to multi-task under high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines.
- Hands-on skills in complex system design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Assists in the coordination and resolutions of technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional, multicultural team environment and to understand and apply technical concepts.
- Understanding and ability to explain computer system architecture.
- PC troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of and ability to execute test procedures to exercise how applications run in an operating system leveraging drivers and OS features for hardware acceleration. For example games, video, audio, compilers, web browsers, and camera.
- Experience executing test cases to validate systems including ASIC hardware (SoC or discrete), peripheral hardware, drivers, software tools, firmware, BIOS, operating systems, and applications.
- Knowledge of how systems power sequence from POST to operating system including power, BIOS, firmware, boot and HAL.
- Experience with industry standard computer architecture specs.
- Experience with register read and write using software and hardware tools in an OS or with JTAG interface.
- Ability to interpret new technologies from specifications and execute test procedure content.
- Good communication skills with local and remote employees worldwide.
- Ability to review test plans and procedures from other engineers and provide guidance to update to increase coverage or optimize.
- Ability to interpret and report test data in meaningful formats including tables and graphs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform hands on system test execution and management of a large test farm.
- 2 or more years of PC Validation experience.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and grow within the role.
- Ability to work flexible days and hours including nights and weekends.
- Microsoft Windows & Linux OS Knowledge (install, configure, test). Must be comfortable with linux command line/Bash.
- Strong problem solving (regression) skills.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Leadership skills and able to manage project functional issues.
- PC Architecture and peripheral knowledge. 2+ PC validation /testing experience with good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- PC x86 Architecture experience
- System level knowledge of the following subsystems: Memory, PC Buses (PC1-E, USB, SATA, Ethernet, Processor, Chipset).
- Preferred OS requirements: install, set-up, configure and troubleshoot: Linux/ ChromeOS.
- X86 SW exp.: configure and change. BIOS settings: install and configure device drivers: install and set up applications.
- PC Hardware set up and configuration: install and configure processors, hard drives, network cards, memory etc. Preferred experience in multiprocessors platforms (workstations, servers etc). Read and follow technical instructions. Enthusiastically work with others, display teamspirit and support group decisions.
- Able to clearly communicate in written English (email, submit issues and document test results).
- Good organizational skills: plan, prioritize and manage assigned workload; can efficiently execute multiple projects at the same time.
- Quick learner: able to pick up and learn new concepts, applications and operating system in a short period of time
- Scripting ability such as bash/Python/Ruby is a plus.
- Location: Austin, TX
- Pay Range: $40 - $47 /hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.