System Level Validation and Debug
680 Vaqueros SunnyVale, CA 94043
Position Title: System Level Validation and Debug
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Mountain View, California.
- As a validation engineer you will be involved in developing, debugging C or C++ programs running on a board.
- You will also be involved in scripting work to automate testing and triage results.
- Closely work with verification/SW engineers for debug and root-cause.
- Understand and debug C/C++ tests running simultaneously on multiple cores/threads of a complex SOC.
- C/C++ coding a must – must have
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, TCL, Shell, Perl etc.) – must have at least one
- ASIC validation skills, and debug skills – must have
- System level knowledge - must have
- caches and hardware based coherency
- GPU + multi-media engines
- hardware based ordering of transactions
- synchronization between processors
- performance monitoring, bandwidth and latency calculations and debug
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate the desire to take on diverse challenges
- Board level debug with logic analyzers, scopes a plus
- Experience working with x86_64 architecture a plus
- Experience working with audio and video a plus
- Minimum BS (EE or CS) required with over 5 years relevant experience.
- Engineer must work at our Sunnyvale/Mountain View facilities, unless he/she has special needs.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.