System Design Engineer (Interface/Oversight)
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract System Design Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Design of nuclear and industrial process systems and sub-systems from requirements through final design.
- Provide oversight to partners and subcontractors developing mechanical system designs for the reactor.
- Design oversight of mechanical systems from systems and sub-system functional requirements through final design.
- Support I&C design activities for the engineering team in developing design deliverables and change packages.
- Coordinate the review of analyses, such as thermal, seismic, structural, pipe stress, heat transfer, and other analyses performed by others and integrate the results into plant design delivery.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, IEEE, NFPA, etc.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
- Analyze and allocate regulatory criteria and standards to complex mechanical and process system design.
- Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities within a system, as well as their integration with an overall plant design delivery schedule.
- Interface with the design team to create and manage drawing packages of system designs, including but not limited to Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), 3D models, and system interface drawings.
- Interface with design disciplines across the reactor team (such as mechanical, instrumentation and controls, civil, and nuclear) to identify and develop plant design information and specify system design and performance criteria.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
- Establish and maintain system requirements and specification documents, such as Engineering Design Specifications for major plant equipment.
- Propose and initiate testing programs for plant system qualification, as needed.
- Provide support and oversight during test execution, evaluation of test results, and reporting of test results.
- Generate design package for systems, sub-systems, and equipment designs including coordination of calculations, design reports, mechanical drawings, and engineering design specifications.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- Support design reviews as plant system and subsystem designs are established and refined.
- B.S. in Mechanical or related discipline from an accredited university and 8+ years direct experience with proven mechanical systems skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of complex mechanical systems, structures and equipment.
- Experience in high temperature and multi-discipline integration highly desired.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear handling process systems, or similar high-performance system or equipment design is highly desired.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Supplier/Contractor coordination experience
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work on simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.