System Design Architect - Messaging
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: System Design Architect - Messaging
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Participates in the gathering, clarification, and development of features, requirements and use cases for hardware and software (may require travel to customer locations).
- Contributes conceptual design solutions that will balance customer goals and needs with technical constraints.
- Works with the Architect / Product Owner for Messaging to outline “ what” should be delivered by development and to ensure our product development efforts to meet business needs.
- Works with the Architect / Product Owner and development teams to find the best business responses to emergent issues.
- Ensures that architectural solutions will support current and future strategic needs.
- Supports security initiatives assisting internal and industry level teams to help promote best practices and drive the group towards a solution that supports security standards.
- Ensures that the messaging system solution works well with other portions of the overall system.
- Clearly communicates designs / changes to technical teams inc. engineering, testing, and customer organizations.
- Minimum of a BS degree in engineering, computer science, or related field.
- 5+ years’ software development experience.
- Knowledge of communication networks / protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, SNMP, SSH, SIP, PPPoE, CSMA/CD, NTP, MPLS.
- Knowledge of middleware architectures and products.
- Knowledge of messaging solutions, e.g. RHEL MRG / AMQP, Qpid, JMS, MQTT, STOMP, RabbitMQ, DDS, XMPP.
- Knowledge of Network Security Practices, e.g. TLS, X.509, PKCS, SMPK, SASL.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Well-honed analytical thinking and attention to detail, as well as an aptitude to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience creating conceptual design solutions.
- Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment of primarily engineers and technical people.
- Ability to guide/influence development teams to ensure that developments deliver features and user stories that satisfy product requirements.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present to executive level.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the agile development process.
- Experience with communications system development.
- Familiarity with RF networks, protocols, and hardware.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.