201 San Antonio Circle, Suite 172 Mountain View, CA 94040
Position Title: Sustaining Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Mountain View, California.
- Identify, analyze and solve problems pertaining to design and manufacturing processes
- Work with operations and manufacturing to identify and implement design cost reduction and the identification and qualification of new suppliers
- Achieve success goals including safety, quality, delivery/lead-time, cost/inventory management
- Providing training, direction and engineering support
- Understanding and interpreting engineering and production drawings and procedure. Updating CAD database/drawings as needed.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Drive an increase in manufacturing efficiency through analysis of workflow, processes, tooling and equipment
- Collect and analyze relevant process data and to ensure the team' s efforts are in full compliance with company' s quality policies, ISO and other relevant regulations
- Provide supervisory support for members of the sustaining team and act as a mentor for developing engineers. Collaborate within a cross-functional team to define and accomplish the development and validation strategies.
- Provide support to customer service in identifying and addressing critical customer issues. Provide engineering knowledge and critical thinking to the validation of changes that affect the design of existing Willow products.
- Help to redesign established products for greater value and lower cost.
- Provide the knowledge of customer needs and design features to assess and establish the engineering requirements that are essential for the performance and quality of the device.
- Guide the establishment of test criteria and test method development to establish device performance.
- Support design projects for established products targeted to add value, stay current with regulatory requirements, and proactively pre-empt obsolescence.
- Provide leadership and critical thinking to cross-functional teams. Liaison between manufacturing, R&D, marketing, and other cross functional teams.
- Support facility, equipment, product, process validations, troubleshooting and ongoing improvements. Encourage the adoption of best practices throughout Critical Care Operations in areas such as six sigma and lean.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of hand-on professional experience in primarily Medical Device design and manufacturing
- A collaborative mindset, a flexible and friendly approach to working in teams
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals, and an ability to deconstruct real world issues into root engineering causes.
- Knowledge of statistics and the application of statistical tools, such as SPC and DOE is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of LEAN principles; Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Prior project management and supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to travel (10-20%)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.