21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Structural Analyst
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Structural Analyst in Kent, WA.
- B.S. degree in engineering
- 5+ years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, launch vehicle, or satellite structures.
- Experience with ProEngineer Wildfire 4 or greater
- Demonstrated process automation experience using scripting languages (VBA, Matlab, Python, FORTRAN, etc)
- Demonstrated experience on launch vehicles or aircraft in several of the following areas:
- Free-body diagramming for internal and reaction load derivation
- Vehicle load path definition and internal loads development
- Stress analysis of metallic and/or composite structures (shear beams, skin-stringer panels, fittings, sandwich panels, etc.)
- Fatigue or damage tolerance (crack growth & residual strength) analysis experience (hand calcs, NASGRO, VCCT, etc);
- Dynamic analysis (random vibration, shock, explicit analysis, coupled loads).
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more of the following analysis codes: Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus, LS-Dyna, Optistruct.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Direct experience with internal loads development and model verification
- Familiarity with classical aerospace sizing methods (Bruhn, Peery, Niu, Roark, etc)
- Composite design and analysis skills in thermoset composites
- Experience performing design and analysis of in-service repairs of metallic and/or composite aircraft structures
- Experience in conventional aircraft fatigue and damage tolerance methods including fail-safe/safe-life approaches, crack growth assessment, residual strength, flight loads spectra
- Experience in entire design cycle of sub-systems components including conceptual design, structural layout and analysis, electrical layout and design support, mounting, and structural test
- Experience with design of support structure and equipment mounts & zone design integration
- Experience with aerospace structural certification
- Manufacturing methods, material selection, testing, characterization & allowables development experience
- Experience in material testing
- Experience writing structural requirements
- Structural optimization using standard industry codes (Optistruct, HyperSizer, Nastran Sol 200, etc)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.