Structural Analyst III
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Structural Analyst III
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Structural Analyst III in Kent, WA.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree (M.S. preferred) in engineering and 8+ years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, launch vehicle structures, or automotive
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more of the following analysis codes, particularly with reading and manipulating input files: Nastran, Optistruct, Ansys, Abaqus, LS-Dyna
- Basic proficiency with Hypermesh and Hyperview
- Understanding of FEM modeling techniques (boundary conditions, bolted connections, contact, verification methods, etc)
- Experience with development and/or qualification testing (test requirements, setup/configuration, test predictions, test conduct/monitoring, etc)
- Free-body diagrams for internal and reaction load derivation
- Familiarity with classical aerospace sizing methods (ex: Bruhn, Niu, Roark)
- Basic composites and composite analysis knowledge
- Analysis of composite and/or metallic structures (sandwich panels, skin-stringer, fittings, etc.)
- Analysis of stability critical structures (local buckling phenomenon, global buckling, crippling)
- Mesh generation (ex: mid-surfacing) and understanding of element types
- Bolted joint calculations (bolt preload, joint stiffness, shear-tension interaction, insert pull-out, etc)
- Demonstrated process automation experience using scripting languages is highly desired (Matlab, Python, VBA, Fortran, etc.)
- Composite design and analysis skills in any thermoset, thermoplastic, metal matrix or ceramic matrix composites
- Experience with analyzing / dispositioning non-conformances
- Experience with Creo (ProEngineer Wildfire 4 or greater)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.