21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Stress Analyst
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Stress Analyst in Kent, WA.
- B.S. degree in engineering and 8+ years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, launch vehicle, or satellite structures.
- High-judgment; ability to generate innovative solutions and understand the balance between engineering judgment versus analysis rigor and when each is appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience on launch vehicles or aircraft in several of the following areas:
- Free-body diagramming for internal and reaction load derivation
- Vehicle load path definition and internal loads development
- Stress analysis of metallic and/or composite structures (shear beams, skin-stringer panels, fittings, sandwich panels, etc.)
- Fatigue or damage tolerance (crack growth & residual strength) analysis experience (hand calcs, NASGRO, VCCT, etc);
- Dynamic analysis (random vibration, shock, explicit analysis, coupled loads).
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more of the following analysis codes: Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus, LS-Dyna, Optistruct.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Direct experience with internal loads development and model verification
- Familiarity with classical aerospace sizing methods (Bruhn, Peery, Niu, Roark, etc)
- Composite design and analysis skills in thermoset composites
- Experience performing design and analysis of in-service repairs of metallic and/or composite aircraft structures
- Experience in conventional aircraft fatigue and damage tolerance methods including failsafe/safe-life approaches, crack growth assessment, residual strength, flight loads spectra
- Experience with aerospace structural certification
- Manufacturing methods, material selection, testing, characterization & allowables development experience
- Experience in material testing
- Demonstrated process automation experience using scripting languages (VBA, Matlab, Python, FORTRAN, etc)
- Experience writing structural requirements and program standards
- Structural optimization using standard industry codes (Optistruct, HyperSizer, Nastran Sol 200, etc)
- Experience with ProEngineer Wildfire 4 or greater
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.