Stress Analyst Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Title: Stress Analyst Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Stress Analyst Engineer opportunity.
- Perform mechanical analyses of reactor structures, systems, and nuclear island components to verify that their performance remains within imposed limits as defined by applicable structural and pressure equipment codes and standards (AISC and ASME BPVC).
- Perform analyses with an emphasis on seismic analysis of structures, systems, and components.
- Work with interdisciplinary team of engineers to establish and optimize nuclear components design consistent with required functional and quality requirements.
- Establish and maintain documents of analysis results and design solutions.
- S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from accredited university. Aerospace and Civil Engineering degrees are also considered.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience with a B.S. degree, or 3+ years with an M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
- Proficient in finite element stress analysis, mechanical analysis methods and commercial mechanical stress analysis modeling tools with emphasis on ABAQUS or ANSYS.
- Strong understanding of solid mechanics, fracture mechanics, and metal fatigue principles.
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience in mechanical analysis of equipment or components. This may include buckling analysis, thermal analysis, or creep / inelastic analysis.
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience in seismic analysis of equipment or components; in particular, experience with response spectrum and time history modeling techniques in accordance with the requirements of ASCE 4, ASCE 7, and/or ASCE 43 is highly desirable.
- Experience or familiarity working under stringent quality assurance requirements such as ASME NQA-1, MIL-Q-9858A, or ISO-9000.
- Working experience with pressure equipment design codes and standards such as ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII or Section III.
- Working experience with structural design codes and standards such as AISC N690, AISC 360, AWS D1.1, and AWS D1.6 is desirable.
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- 12 month contract (potential to extend/convert, but no guarantees)
- Location: 100% REMOTE is acceptable
- Pay Rate range: $60-$80/h (DOE)
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.