Stress Analysis Engineer, Fuel Handling
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Title: Stress Analysis Engineer, Fuel Handling
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity for a Stress Analysis Engineer, Fuel Handling with our client in Bellevue, Washington.
- Develop and review mechanical analyses of fuel handling components to verify that their performance remains within imposed limits as defined by applicable structural and pressure equipment codes and standards such as ASME BPVC.
- Work with interdisciplinary team of engineers to establish and optimize nuclear components design consistent with required functional and quality requirements.
- Establish and maintain documents of analysis results and design solutions.
- B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from accredited university. Aerospace and Civil Engineering degrees are also considered.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience with a B.S. degree, or 3+ years with an M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
- Familiarity with CAD, SoliddWorks
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) principles.
- Proficient in finite element stress analysis, mechanical analysis methods and commercial mechanical stress analysis modeling tools with emphasis on ANSYS.
- Strong understanding of solid mechanics and metal fatigue principles.
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience in mechanical analysis of equipment or components. This may include buckling analysis, thermal analysis, or creep / inelastic analysis.
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience in seismic analysis of equipment or components; in particular experience with response spectrum and time history modeling techniques in accordance with the requirements of ASCE 4, ASCE 7, and/or ASCE 43 is highly desirable.
- Experience or familiarity working under stringent quality assurance requirements such as ASME NQA-1, MIL-Q-9858A, or ISO-9000.
- Working experience with pressure equipment design codes and standards such as ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII or Section III.
- Working experience with structural design codes and standards such as AISC N690, AISC 360, AWS D1.1, and AWS D1.6.
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Working knowledge of computer code development and knowledgeable in modern programming tools on personal computers and code development for parallel processing such as Python.
- Five or more years of SolidWorks experience.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements for the design one or more applicable pressure equipment codes (i.e. ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code III or VIII).
- Experience of familiarity with ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code Section III Division 5.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements for the design to one or more applicable structural design codes (i.e., AISC N690, AISC 360).
- Thorough understanding of code and standards requirements related to the seismic design of equipment (i.e., ASCE 4, ASCE 7, ASCE 43).
- Previous experience in the nuclear industry, nuclear fuel handling preferred.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.