Strategic Sourcing Manager - Mechanicals
1531 Utah Ave S. STE 400 Seattle, WA 98134
Position Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager - Mechanicals
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington.
- Develop Mechanical Supplier Sourcing Strategy which ensures that our supply base is capable of meeting current and future technical and business requirements.
- Continually benchmark the mechanical industry to monitor cost and technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the supply chain.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) initiatives to ensure our mechanical suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps.
- Establish mechanical supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Hardware Engineering, Supply Base Engineering, and Supplier Quality.
- Negotiate purchase agreement, contracts, and SOW with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty and service terms.
- Determine appropriate business splits between dual sources where appropriate, and ensure conformance to agree upon business splits with our CM partners.
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, sole source and non-cancellable/non-returnable (NCNR) supply issues.
- Develop and implement supplier performance measurement system (Report Card) and conduct periodic supplier business reviews with senior management.
- Institute programs to optimize schedule flexibility while minimizing excess inventory exposure along with Planning team Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost and cost of quality.
- Work with Supply Base Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering and our CM partners to resolve any chronic part shortage or quality problems which are affecting production schedules.
- Take ownership in managed category for ramp plan, ongoing production plan and forecast, tooling qualification schedule and tooling life if applicable
- 5~ 7 years directly mechanical sourcing experience
- 3+ years of managing Asia based mechanical commodities
- Profound knowledge in all or any of the following areas: plastic injection molding, compression molding, basic plastic & elastomer materials, precision sheet metal, CNC, die cast, adhesives and other mechanical commodities required
- Experience in supplier evaluation/selection, should cost model, contract negotiation and supply base management
- Program management and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Flexible to take on new category sourcing responsibilities as required
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.