San Jose, CA 95124
Position Title: Storage Administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Partner with fast paced engineering (Software and Silicon) to provide support
- Responsible for working all Storage Operations.
- Experiences dealing with Storage vendors Support and suppliers.
- Contribute to automation mindset using Python, Perl
- Provide advanced Storage (EMC Isilon, NetApp C mode ( AFF / FAS), Pure etc.) systems troubleshooting and technical support to the Engineering organization.
- Assist in day-to-day maintenance of the Engineering storage infrastructure, including Linux system builds, configuration & security management, patching, automation and storage system upgrades, troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Participate in support case management related to Engineering infrastructure.
- Maintain, monitor, produce and analyze metrics for production systems to ensure optimal performance, resource utilization and uptime.
- Provide support for virtualization environment focusing on storage and deployment of VMs
- 3+ years of storage experience. Can support, maintain, improve and troubleshoot the related technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Independent problem-solving and troubleshooting in an engineering focused complex global Linux environment and associated IT Infrastructure.
- Proficient in all aspects of Linux and Windows operating system administration including system installation, configuration management, high performance computing, security, package repositories, patching and installation of third-party software in very large environments.
- Experience with event and system monitoring (Ocum, Grafana, InsightIQ, etc.)
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts including NFS, DNS and LDAP.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.