1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Position Title: Storage Administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Configure new storage systems (eg. logical install/configuration)
- Storage provisioning (eg. creating volumes / shares, permissions configuration)
- Monitor systems and respond to alerts (capacity / performance thresholds, system health, errors/alarms)
- Respond to problem reports and troubleshoot configuration, performance, connectivity, or other issues
- Coordinating with DC Operations for physical break/fix (eg. drive, power supply replacement)
- Work with vendors on support cases and RMAs
- Create and maintain operational documentation
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation for problem alerts
- Physical hardware installation is not required
- 3+ years managing NAS and SAN platforms in a large enterprise
- Configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting for NetApp, Isilon, Pure Storage, Cisco SAN switches
- Linux host configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting - related to storage connectivity (eg. NFS/SMB, FC HBAs, filesystems, etc)
- IP network configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting - related to storage connectivity (eg. IPs/subnets, routing, LACP, etc)
- Scripting experience in python, perl, and/or bash
Nice to have:
- Object storage such as Swift, ECS, Cleversafe, etc Software defined storage such as ceph, gluster, GPFS, ScaleIO, etc Automation with chef, puppet, or ansible
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.