Staff Mechanical Engineer
4045 Campbell Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Position Title: Staff Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead the design and development of Mechanical components and systems for Earlens’ s products.
- Define Mechanical specifications for products, ensuring the specifications align with overall product and system specifications.
- Provide direction and oversight of engineers and technicians
- Design the Mechanical systems of our products, ensuring the design meets the requirements and is optimized with the system design, including mechanical, acoustic, FW and manufacturability.
- Lead product design reviews, including analysis of product design tradeoffs and rationale for design decisions. Document the results of the reviews, and complete resulting action items.
- Ensure development is performed in accordance with our quality system.
- Develop project schedules and align with the master product schedule and ensure project milestones are met.
- Participate in product phase reviews, ensuring deliverables are completed prior to the phase review.
- Conduct research and prototyping activities to assess feasibility of new product designs
- Conduct risk analyses of the Mechanical systems and document the results.
- Document the Mechanical designs with released drawings and specifications.
- Develop design verification plans, protocols and test methods, which provide evidence that the Mechanical specifications and risk mitigation' s are met. Conduct design verification testing and document the test results in design verification reports.
- Develop manufacturing procedures, fixtures and test systems, ensuring suitability for production transfer.
- Travel as needed to vendors and OEM sites to assist with product and process development, product testing, and troubleshooting.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, and a minimum of seven (7) years related experience.
- Direct Hearing Aid design experience is an asset.
- Experience in the following areas is preferred: System and component level design, GD&T, micro-electronics packaging, acoustics, lab instrumentation, Quality System Regulations for medical devices. T
- Excellent communication skills, proven problem solving skills, project management, and collaboration with both internal and external resources.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.