Staff DevOps Engineer
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Position Title: Staff DevOps Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity for a Staff DevOps Engineer with our client located in Palo Alto, CA
- Solution and build enterprise-grade Cloud infrastructure for business needs, primarily with AWS products
- Lead development of Cloud standards and best practices for high availability & reliability business needs
- Use CloudFormation and Terraform to automate AWS tasks and deployments
- Direct, handle and resolve support tickets related to business requirements in AWS
- Work with vendors to design HA deployments of off-the-shelf software on AWS
- Develop Python functions deployed in AWS Lambda with AWS SAM
- Mentor, coach and assist development teams with AWS solutions, best practices and documentation
- Provision AWS networking, VPCs and VPN connections using Service Catalog
- Build fully automated CI/CD processes using Gitflow and CodePipeline
- Management of Windows Server, Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL systems
- Being organized, self-driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical solutions and processes.
- Be a creative and dynamic cross-functional technical leader with the endurance for a fast-paced start-up environment.
- 6+ years experience utilizing AWS which must include CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, RDS, ECS, EKS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, and Route53. Control Tower, Transit Gateway, AWS Organizations desired.
- 6+ years experience using Python and Git with agile and git-flow principles
- 3+ years of software architecture experience
- Strong understanding of networking, DNS, HTTP and Restful services
- Linux administration skills.
Nice to have One Or More of the following:
- AWS Professional and Specialty Certifications
- AWS serverless application development experience using Lambda, API Gateway, and Amplify
- AWS data pipeline experience using S3, Athena, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift, Map Reduce, and Lake Formation
- AWS account governance experience using Organizations, Service Catalog and Control Tower
- AWS IoT experience
- DB administration experience including both relational schema design and non-relation architectures along with SQL optimization
- Windows Server administration and PowerShell scripting experience
- AWS Security experience using SecurityHub, GuardDuty, Inspector, and Macie
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.