Sr. Technical Writer
3960 Freedom Cir Suite #100 Santa Clara, CA 95054
Position Title: Sr. Technical Writer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Santa Clara, California.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit customer facing system configuration documentation
- Create CLI/kubectl configuration examples for a micro- services-based Network Operating System
- Research and write release notes.
- Review and edit documentation submitted by Engineering, QA, Product Management, and Marketing for consistency, grammar, and style
- Research and write Technical Notes as required
- Manage multiple documentation projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 6 years technical writing experience for the switch or Network Operating System (NOS) group of a networking company like CISCO, Arista, Juniper, HP
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience creating CLI/API documentation for a developer/DevOps audience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work cross functionally with Engineering, QA, Product Management, Marketing and Sales
- Ability to work with developers in geographically distributed areas
- Ability to read and interpret source code
- Hands-on experience with loading and configuring switching, routing products to validate product documentation
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience creating Python scripts and text formatting using JINJA templates
- Adobe Illustrator (or similar)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.