Sr. Systems Engineer
1848 Westlake Ave N Suite 200 Seattle, WA 98177 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Sr. Systems Engineer opportunity with our client located in Seattle, WA. .
- Participate in analysis, design, development and delivery of operating system distributions for new terminals and airborne servers for client's Airline programs.
- Play an analyst and integration role in activities including design, development, and system integration.
- Part of this role involves interactions with client's partners, Airline customers, and other third parties involving highly technical topics.
- Ability to promote improvements and introduce new technologies, as this Platform team is expanding its role beyond the cabin into terminals.
- Will include completing the delivery of currently scoped developments as well as future functionality and enhancements to the existing Platforms.
- This is a software system role that interacts with pre-existing hardware.
- Participate in design, development and delivery of operating system distributions for new terminals and airborne servers
- Develop new features within airborne terminals and servers
- Hands-on development of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces and services
- Participate and contribute to initial design and design reviews, including review of detailed functional specifications and requirements
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning, execution, and handover
- Work in a small distributed team in an Agile Linux / Open Source development environment
- Review existing software and infrastructure to identify areas for improvement, added scalability, quality, performance, security maintainability and architectural integrity.
- Work closely with other teams within the Division, to ensure proper detailed, documented handover to Operations and third parties.
- 4 yrs. min. of IP Networking experience with Network design and Network set up.
- 4 yrs. min. of High level scripting skills: Bash / Python / Perl / etc.
- Solid professional experience working in a Linux environment
- 2 years min. experience of building modern embedded / mobile /OS Linux systems
- Good understanding of IP networking
- Strongly Developed Debugging and Troubleshooting Skills
- Good organizational and communication skills
- These qualifications and one or more of the following Nice to Haves required.
- University degree level or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related technical discipline
- Experience designing and building Linux Installers
- Experience building a Linux Distribution
- Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering
- Experience with git
- Experience with aircraft software and hardware
- Experience working in a certified software environment
- Experience working with or on satellite terminals or cellular modems
- Exposure to embedded / mobile system security issues
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: 145K and 15% discretionary Annual Bonus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.