Sr. Staff IC Design Engineer
5245 Hellyer Avenue San Jose, CA 95134 US
Position Title: Sr. Staff IC Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Sr. Staff IC Design Engineer with our client located in San Jose, CA.
Job Responsibilities: As a Senior Staff IC Design Engineer, you will be responsible for switching power supply development of integrated circuits using CMOS/Bipolar analog/digital circuitry.
- Mixed-mode integrated circuit design for switching power supply:
- Simulation with Cadence tools.
- Layout supervision and verification.
- Preparation of test plan.
- Product characterization.
- Bench evaluation both at the silicon level and application level.
- Behavioral modeling of analog and mixed-mode circuits
- Work with system engineers on new product definitions.
- BSEE or foreign equivalent with 12 years of experience, or MSEE or foreign equivalent with 8 years of experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with emphasis on analog and/or digital Integrated Circuit ( IC ) design
- Hands-on experience with analog / digital IC design, preferred in high voltage AC/DC switching power supply.
- Familiarity of analog circuit blocks and device physics.
- Understanding of digital IC design.
- Familiar with Cadence simulation tools, and Verilog.
- Excellent written and oral communications with experience in specification creation, technical report writing, and test plans/instructions.
• Contract or Direct Hire: Direct Hire
• Salary Range: $170K-$190K
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.