Sr. Software Engineer
15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, OR 97224
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
- Design device abstraction frameworks under Windows using C#/.NET and XML
- Design and develop functionality using interfaces like SNMP, Telnet/SSH, Web Services, PowerShell
- Design and develop functionality to monitor/control routers, switches, firewalls, and phone systems
- Design and develop tools to harden (secure) systems using firewall rules, ACLs, certificates, etc.
- Write specifications and plans for new designs
- Work closely with network engineers and integration/QA teams
- Assist in writing help and technical documentation
- Troubleshoot system and software problems
- Other duties as assigned
- US Citizenship required
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8 Years software engineering industry experience required
- Experience with commercial software development
- Experience with C#, .NET, C++, WPF, and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with multi-threading techniques
- Experience with networking protocols and services: TCP, HTTP, SNMP, SSH, etc.
- Experience with network hardware/software like firewalls, switches, VPN, routing, etc.
- Experience with Windows Server functionality using Active Directory, GPO, WMI, etc.
- Experience with SQL Server highly desirable
- Familiarity with Virtual Machines (VMWare) highly desirable
- Familiarity with UI design, especially WPF, highly desirable
- Familiarity with security concepts (especially DoD) and tools highly desirable
- Familiarity with phone system technology (PBX, VoIP) etc. highly desirable
- Familiarity with Linux and Expect (regular expressions) desirable
- Strong communication/documentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail and quality orientation a must
- Strong work ethic – someone who is proactive, responsible, and loves what they do
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.