Sr. Software Engineer
7700 Gateway Blvd Newark, CA 94560
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Newark, California.
- Lead or support engineering efforts in the design, and development of our next generation software for Logitech’ s input peripherals using C++ and C#.
- You will write automation tests as part of your feature development using Python and Robot Framework
- You will work with various cross-functional teams: Product management, Firmware, QA and other business units to drive forward results
- You will ensure requirements comply with product goals and desired user experience.
- You will participate and conduct technical reviews of system design and interface requirements and provide technical feedback and make recommendations.
- 6+ years’ experience supporting engineering efforts
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
- Strong software design & development experience in C++/C#.
- Proficient in Python
- Fluent in Windows (C#/.Net/Visual Studio)
- Strong object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Must have strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- MAC Development experience a major plus
- Experience writing software requirement specifications
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Commercial experience developing software that interacts with hardware devices a major plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.