Sr. Software Engineer
12920 SE 38th Street Bellevue, WA 98006
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington for an experienced Software Engineer.
- The Technology Software Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer' s requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments
- The engineer will participate in architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro services, SDN (Software Defined Network), NFV (Network Function Virtualization), and Big Data platforms and technologies.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Expert level in Java
- Proficiency in Python
- Expert level in developing scalable API’ s with security, authentication, authorization
- Experience in developing API platform / Portals for external access
- Experience in Document Database (DynamoDb, MongoDb, Cassandra, CosmosDb)
- Experience in relational databases such as Oracle or SQL server
- Docker and related similar container orchestration
- Software system designing, design patterns, OOPS concepts
- Data and system security
- Experience in AWS or Azure platforms
- Consuming and developing REST API’ s
- Ability to develop solutions with automated building, testing, deployment and reliability
- Knowledge of networking/ internet protocols
- Ability to adopt to technologies as needed
- Test automation
- Continuous integration and delivery
- 6 + years of experience as software engineer
- 2+ years of Architecture/Design experience
- Bachelor' s degree in STEM subjects is required
- Master’ s degree in STEM preferred
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- IoT devices and protocols
- MQTT protocol
- ReactJS, AngularJS
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.