Sr. Software Engineer - Java or Groovy
1848 Westlake Ave N Suite 200 Seattle, WA 98177
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Java or Groovy
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington.
- Develop new features and maintain existing ones within company' s system.
- Participate in design, development and delivery of solutions to clients.
- Hands-on development of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces and services.
- Participate and contribute to design reviews, including review of detailed functional specifications and requirements,
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning, execution, and handover
- Work in a small team in an Agile Linux / Open Source development environment
- Review existing software and infrastructure to identify areas for improvement, added scalability, quality, performance, security maintainability and architectural integrity.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Very strong Object-oriented programming development with Groovy or Java
- Experience working on a distributed system
- Some experience with Linux and some experience SQL required.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- University degree level or equivalent experience in Computing Science, Telecommunications or related technical discipline
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with Vertx
- Experience with Python
- Good systems security understanding.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.